Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Roots: How I got over. link to the video at the bottom

Black Though
how i got over
 2nd verse

When you on the corners too much drama
Livin’ with the police right behind ja’
It's always more than a slight reminda
We livin’ in a war zone like Rwanda.
Before I go back to the heavenly fatha
Pray for me if it ain’t too much botha.
Whatever don’t break me or make me stronga
I feel like I can’t take too much longa.
It’s too much lyin’
And too much fryin’
I’m all cried out cause I grew up cryin’
They all got a sales pitch I ain’t buyin’
They tryin’ to convince me that I ain’t tryin’.
We uninspired
We unadmired
And tired and sick of being sick and tired.
A living in the hood where the shots are fired
We dyin’ to live, so to live we dyin’.
You just like I am
. I love this song. Check out the video.

No comments: